As a means of embracing the future and reducing our community’s environmental footprint, the Chapelwood developers are very pleased to announce that Chapelwood homes will utilize green building techniques and are ecoHOME Certified by Southern Energy Management, as well as NAHB Green. The incorporation of these technologies will result in energy efficient Chapelwood homes that minimize environmental impact while maximizing health, home comfort, and an improved quality of life. Furthermore, utilizing these technologies will result in Chapelwood homes appreciating beyond standard homes.
The green building techniques utilized at Chapelwood will meet or exceed the Model Green Home Building Guidelines developed by the National Association of Home Builders. Likewise, the utilization of Energy Star Appliances and ecoHOME Certified building techniques at Chapelwood will meet or exceed the strict energy efficiency guidelines set forth by the EPA and the US Department of Energy. Multiple third-party inspections will take place to ensure that Chapelwood homes meet these guidelines.
Green building is a conscious choice we are making to efficiently use our resources while creating high performing homes that are good for owners and the natural environment. These practices provide cost savings through improved productivity and resource efficiency, which in turn moves us closer to a sustainable future.
Listed below are answers to frequently asked questions regarding green building.
What are some of the features of green homes?
- Green homes are energy efficient.
- Green homes are water efficient; green homes promote limited turf resulting in less grass to water and nurture.
- Green homes are healthy and safe.
- Green homes are durable.
- Green homes are environmentally responsible.
- Green homes create a sustainable community.
What are some of the features of ecoHOME homes?
- High Efficiency HVAC – uses less energy, runs quieter, and helps reduce indoor humidity
- Advanced Air Sealing
- High Performance Windows – helps keep heat in during the winter and heat out during the summer
- Low HERS Index – (less energy consumption)
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Programmable Thermostats
- More energy efficient, more comfortable, and healthier
- Inspected and rated by a third party
What do energy efficient homes deliver?
- Lower utilities bills
- Greater comfort
- Increased durability
- Improved indoor air quality
- Protection of the environment, resulting in a better product for a lower cost over the life of the home
Hagood Homes, the award-winning builder of Chapelwood, is a proud member of Green Home Builders of the Triangle, a joint program of the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Durham, Orange, & Chatham Counties and the HBA of Raleigh-Wake County. This program is affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) National Green Building Program™. For more information, visit http://www.hbadoc.com.